Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 1 - June 8, 2009

Well it's been a tough start, but still going to hang in there. My blender broke this morning and my dehydrator was already out, so I will have to make due with my food processor and champion juicer. Anyway, I have been able to stay %100 raw today because I had prepared a few things in advance.



Today I ate:

Breakfast

Green Smoothie
1 cup kale
1 cup frozen tropical fruit
1 cup apple juice(fresh from my juicer)
1 frozen banana
1 tsp bee pollen
1 tsp superfood green powder
1 tbl goji berries
~blend everything together until completely smooth. This may take a while if you don't have a good blender. I usually blend it for 3-4 minutes in my cuisinart blender. Just keep checking for a creamy smooth texture and that you blender does not overheat.

Lunch

Juliano's Raw Italian Pizza

1 4 inch round of living buckwheat pizza crust
2 tbls almond cheese
3 tbls raw marinara sauce
1 tble each yellow bell pepper, chopped tomatoes, fresh basil, olives, mushrooms
1 tsp chopped jalapeno pepper, ribs and stems removed
a dash of oregano and rosemary
a squeese of fresh lemon

Layer all ingredients in order on the pizza crust. If anyone wants a detailed reciped I will repost or email it to you

Dinner

Summer Squash Pasta

4 summer squash spiralized with spirooli
1/3 c almond cheese
1/2 c raw marinara sauce
1/2 c fresh tomatoes
~mix all ingredients and serve left over pizza slice from lunch.

Snacks

Trail Mix-2 Tbls today
#1
Goji berries
bee pollen
raw coconut
raw walnuts
cocao nibs
date pieces
#2
small apple

Today I felt:

Good most of the day. Maybe a little more energy than usual. Tonight I am feeling a little sick to my stomach, like when I eat too much. It's funny because I have eaten less than half the food I normally eat and still feel too full. When I eat healthy foods and my body gets the nutrition it requires, I eat so much less.

My activity today was:

Fat Free Yoga with Ana & Ravi for 20 minutes, running after my toddler son all day

No comments:

Post a Comment